Health care costs are rising rapidly, which is why many companies are considering on-site medical professionals to treat a number of ailments that need quick help.
Walk in proactive MD.
The company, established 6 years ago, offers on-site medical teams and care management to businesses nationwide. Based in Simpsonville, where the company officially opened its new headquarters earlier this year, Proactive MD already has more than 70 health centers and 300 employees working across the country.
CEO and Chairman John Collier said the goal was always to reduce health care costs while improving care.
“It’s been a journey,” he said. “Everything we do has an impact on a human life.”
Collier’s team has about 100,000 patients so far, with nine health centers in South Carolina alone. And he sees his business growing in a “hockey stick trajectory.”
The company can already claim the towns of Mauldin and Simpsonville and the state of New Mexico as customers. Then there are the South Carolina employers, Tindall, JM Smith, RedSail and AGY.
The most important and rewarding thing is that it works. -John Collier, President and CEO of Proactive MD
A self-described “healthcare nerd,” Collier brings 15 years of healthcare management and strategy to the company, having earned both a master’s degree in commerce and a master’s degree in healthcare administration from ‘Grand Canyon University. He is the former CEO of Palmetto Proactive Healthcare.
Proactive MD sets up patient clinics in companies and manages all the logistics, from start-up to accounting to price negotiations with network suppliers.
The company offers three types of patient services: patient advocacy, clinical services and second opinion networks.
The Patient Advocate helps employees navigate the health care system and access the care they need. Clinical services offer chronic disease management, laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures, and preventive care. Proactive MD offers acute care for the flu, strep throat, pneumonia, sinus infections or any other illness, with the goal of saving businesses millions of dollars in the long run. With access to the nation’s largest second-opinion network, the company can even negotiate care at lower rates for cost savings for the employer and higher quality care for patients.
“The most important and rewarding thing is that it works,” Collier said.
- More than 70 health centers throughout the country.
- Nine health centers in South Carolina.
- Seven health centers in the upstate.
- Proactive MD covers 17 states.
- Over 100,000 lives and growing.
- More than 100,000 annual visits.
- Company created in 2016.
- More than 300 employees.
- 12,463 square foot facility.
- SC Clients: Tindall, JM Smith, RedSail, City of Spartanburg, City of Simpsonville, AGY.
- National Customers: State of New Mexico, Holly Frontier Corp., Lee Industries, Breakbush Brothers, CF Industries.
- Proactive MD in 2021 provided over 350 physical examinations of firefighters and police officers in the upstate region.
- Proactive MD is one of South Carolina’s fastest growing companies, expanding to more than a dozen new states in 2021 alone.
- The only South Carolina company recognized by Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2022.
- Website: proactive-md.com.