Flyers sign G Alex Lyon a one-year contract extension
The Philadelphia Flyers re-signed the goalie Alex Lyon to a one-year contract extension with an average annual value (AVA) of $ 700,000, according to president of hockey operations and general manager Chuck Fletcher.
Here are the notes from Lyon and his career within the organization:
WRITTEN: Not drafted (Signed as a university free agent on April 6, 2016)
AGE: 27 (12-9-1992)
BORN: Baudette, Minnesota
VITALS: 6’1 “, 201 pounds
* Lyon played three games for the Flyers last season (2019-20), going 1-1-0 with a GAA of 3.55 and save percentage of 0.890, taking a 6-3 win over Le Colorado February 1.
* He was the team’s third goaltender in the Toronto bubble for the Flyers’ 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs.
* He spent most of the 2019-20 season with the club’s AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, where he won the majority of starts – a 11-14-5 record with a GAA of 2 , 69 and a percent stop of 0.913 and a washout.
* In four seasons with the Phantoms, he compiled a 73-53-15 record with six shutouts and a 2.73 career goals-against average and .913 save percentage in 145 regular-season games.
* He’s 6-6 in the Calder Cup playoffs in 13 appearances with a GAA of 1.99 and save percentage of .940.
* Lyon was the goalkeeper in one of the most famous games in Phantoms history – winning a 2-1 win in a five-overtime game against the Charlotte Checkers on May 9, 2018 where he stopped 94 of 95 shots he faced in 146: 48 of playing Game 3 Atlantic Division Finals.
* He originally signed with the Flyers as a free agent at Yale University on April 6, 2016 and signed an extension on July 16, 2017.
* During their three-year career at Yale, Lyon have led ECAC in goals against average and save percentage in their last two seasons, while also finishing third in winning percentage. Lyon set school records during his tenure in career goals against average (1.88), save percentage (0.931), wins (50) and shutouts (15).